The CTEK MXS 5.0 Smart Charger for Your Porsche Boxster was highly recommended in our previous review “Best Battery Charger for Your Boxster” article.
The CTEK MXS 5.0 is the Best-Of-Breed solution for all of your battery charging needs.
If you currently do not own a CTEK battery charger for your Porsche Boxster, you need to purchase one as it will be just a matter of time before you need it.
State-Of-The-Art Battery Charging Technology
The state-of-the-art CTEK MSX 5.0 is both a smart battery charger and battery maintainer in one. The 8 stage charge cycle of the CTEK MXS 5.0 will extend the lifespan of your battery.
Multiple stages of the charge cycle will increase the life of your battery especially the desulfation and deep cycle charging modes.
Set it and FORGET IT
Make sure to get both the 12 Volt Auxiliary Port Adapter (cigarette adapter) and 8.2′ extension cord for your CTEK.
- Award-winning, Most-Trusted 12V Battery Charger: From the company that created the 12v battery charger comes tried and tested technology used by over 40 of the world’s most prestigious vehicle manufacturers.
- Built-In Temperature Compensation: Built in automatic charge voltage compensation ensures the most efficient charging in extreme cold or hot weather conditions.
- Patented Desulphation Function and Reconditioning Mode: Unused batteries lose their power and their life is shortened through sulphation. The charger analyzes the state of the battery and, if possible, recovers the battery and its power. Reconditioning mode restores stratified and deeply discharged batteries.
- Dedicated AGM Mode: Dedicated AGM Mode sets the absorption and float voltages and stage timing so that they are optimal for AGM batteries.
- Connect and Forget: Simple plug and play operation. Select the program and mode and leave the charger to do the rest.
- Safe and Easy to Use: Splash and dustproof, designed to protect vehicle electronics and non-sparking, reverse polarity protected, and short-circuit proof. Clean voltage and current delivery ensures no surges or spikes.
- Protects Sensitive Equipment: Unlike less-sophisticated chargers, there is no need to disconnect the battery; the MXS 5.0 is specially designed to not damage electronic systems. No overcharge or undercharge ever.
- Multiple accessories included: Clamps and practical eyelet connector, for easier access to the battery, as well as a handy storage bag, all supplied as standard.
- 5-year warranty.
- Designed to help you reach your CTEK battery charger
- High quality and easy to connect
- Connections are weather proof
- Designed to fit MULTI US 3300, MULTI US 7002, US 0.8, CT5 Powersport, MUS 4.3 Polar, MUS 4.3 Test & Charge, MXS 5.0, Lithium US, CT5 Time to Go and MURS 7.0, battery chargers.
- 8. 2 feet long extension
- Battery is charged through the vehicles 12-volt socket
- The comfort indicator shows how much power is left in the battery
- Made of high-quality materials for long-lasting dependability
- Compact to easily fit in your glove box or center console
- Compatible with US 0. 8, MUS 3300, MUS 4. 3, MXS 5. 0, CT5 Time To Go & MUS 7002 battery chargers
- The socket in the vehicle must be live when the ignition is in the “off” position to charge your battery using this accessory.
- Designed to protect both the charger and the paint
- Made of high-quality silicon rubber
- Fits MUS 4. 3, Lithium, MXS 5. 0, CT5 Time To Go and Powersport battery chargers.
- Also available in Pink sold separately
CTEK MXS 5.0 Smart Charger for Your Porsche Boxster will Increase the Lifespan of your Battery
Using the 8 stage charging cycle, the CTEK MSX 5.0 can revive and restore any deeply discharged, stratified, or old batteries. CTEK reconditions your battery using patented technology. Using the patented desulfation (stage 1) charge cycle, the CTEK removes the build-up of lead sulfate crystals from the inside of the battery.
The build-up of lead sulfate crystals inside car batteries is a major factor in shortening the life and performance of your battery.
A car battery lasts 3-7 years, and this number can vary a lot. Many factors impact the lifespan of a battery:
- Heat greatly diminishes the life of your battery and typically batteries will only last 3 years in hot locales near the equator.
- Limit short drives in your car. Your battery prefers extended drives. If you consistently take short trips to the office or grocery store, your battery doesn’t have enough time to recharge fully between trips. This can lead to decreased performance.
- The vibration of the battery will cause internal breakdown/damage and will significantly shorten the battery life. Make sure your battery is tightly fastened and fully secured.
- Beware of parasitic draining of your car battery. It is not healthy for your battery to drain it of a full charge cycle.
- Address any corrosion issues on the battery terminal. Remove any white build-up on your battery terminals using water, baking soda, and an old toothbrush.
- Storage of your Boxster in the garage or driveway for extended periods of time will impact your battery. Porsche recommends using a battery charger when not using your Boxster for more than 3 weeks. When not in use, your Boxster’s battery continues to drain passively even when the engine isn’t on. The good news is that these battery-draining habits make for great excuses to take your car on a road trip.
Recover Your Battery’s Health
Many other chargers will need the battery to have at least 8 volts to be able to charge them, but the CTEK can charge a battery with only 2 volts left in it.
Reasons to Purchase the CTEK MXS 5.0 Smart Charger for Your Porsche Boxster
- The CTEK uses an advanced microprocessor to control battery charging and includes automatic temperature compensation. Your battery will be charged at an optimal level based on the surrounding temperature.
- CTEK offers a 5-year warranty.
- CTEK tests your battery to ensure that it can receive and hold a charge. The charger will make a quick diagnosis of the battery and an error LED light will turn on if your battery fails during the 8 stage charging cycle.
- A full battery desulfation stage before the charging starts (CTEK has patented this technology). As a result, your battery will always get an optimal charge once lead sulfate crystals have been dissolved.
- CTEK can revive and restore deeply discharged, acidly stratified, or old batteries. It does this by reconditioning the battery using a patented process.
- Most battery chargers need the battery to have at least 8 volts to be able to charge. A CTEK charger can charge a battery with as little as 2 volts left in it.
- CTEK includes a unique charging program for AGM car batteries. These are mostly found in newer vehicles with stop/start technology, and the AGM technology itself is mainly reserved for high-end car batteries.
- CTEK maximizes your battery’s lifespan.
- Spark proof and Shockproof to prevent accidents. The CTEK Smarter Charger is spark-free, short-circuit-proof, and designed to prevent reverse polarity. The charger knows if you attach one end to the wrong battery terminal and will not operate if it is attached incorrectly. Conveniently, the red alarm light on the charger alerts you if it wasn’t attached correctly so that you can get it connected properly.
- Fully portable and conveniently stores in the provided CTEK case.
- CTEK is the preferred battery charger for some of the most prestigious engineering brands in the world: Porsche, Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley Motors, Scania AB, BMW, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Chevrolet (Corvette), Ferrari, Alfa Romeo S.p.A., Maybach-Motorenbau GmbH, Aston Martin, Arctic Cat, Yamaha Motor Company, Maserati, Mercedes, and more.
- CTEK suits all types of lead-acid batteries for vehicles of all sizes and types including cars, motorbikes, marine vessels, agricultural vehicles, motor homes, lawnmowers, and more.
The CTEK MXS 5.0 Smart Charger is Both a Battery Charger and Battery Maintainer
The CTEK MXS 5.0 charger is a state-of-the-art battery maintainer. This smart charger can work with 6 volt and 12 volt batteries (motorcycle, ATV, marine and car batteries.) Once the charger complete the first 7 stages of an 8 stage charge cycle, it going into a pulse pulse cycle that can be used indefinitely (for as long as is needed.)
CTEK 8 Stage Charge Cycle
Step 1 Desulfation
Lead Sulfate crystals form in a battery and cause the untimely demise on 80% of all lead-acid car batteries. The CTEK detects sulfation in the battery and removes lead sulfate crystals that can form on the lead plates of the battery.
This patented desulfation step acts as a thorough cleaning of the interior lead plates of the battery and restores the battery to its original capacity and extends the life span of the battery.
Step 2 Soft Start
The Soft Start step offers severely discharged battery a smaller charge until the battery gets back up to about 10-20% of charge. This step acts as a test to ensure that the battery can accept and maintain a charge. The initial low charge prevent any damage that could be cause to a battery that has dissipated the majority of it’s capacity.
Once testing has completed the CTEK proceeds with a full charge up to 80%. This happens at at a very high speed and efficient rate.
This step charges the rest of the battery to the full 100% at declining current and can take up to 10 hours.
The CTEK does a full analysis of the previous 4 steps to ensure that the fully charged battery maintains its charge. This test analysis takes approximately 3 minutes.
This is a battery reconditioning process (30 minutes to 4 hours) that mixes the battery acid. Tiny bubbles are formed and act to stir up the acid settled at the bottom of the battery. It results in remixing the acid and water into an efficient solution.
Once the reconditioning step has completed, the voltage and the current will level off to maintain a floating charge of 13.6 volts and fully charge your battery to 100%. The float charge will remain active for up to 10 days.
Full maintenance step that keeps the battery at 95-100% capacity by monitoring the voltage and giving it a pulse recharge when the charge drops. This step is perfect for extended periods of time. The pulse step prevents your battery from overcharging. This eliminates the risk of your battery boiling over and drying out.
Unboxing the CTEK MXS 5.0 Smart Charger
Video on How to Use and Connect the CTEK MXS 5.0
CTEK MXS 5.0 Smart Charger for Your Porsche Boxster Comparison Table
Also, be sure to check out our “Best Of” Series:
- Best Battery for your Porsche Boxster
- Best Porsche Boxster Car Covers
- Best Radar Detector for Your Porsche Boxster
- Best Porsche Boxster & Cayman Books
- Best Battery Charger for Your Boxster
- Best Porsche Boxster Wiper Blades
Other Articles of Interest
Last update on 2022-09-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API